Tuesday 1 March 2011

Graves at Ebenezer Chapel

The pictures below were all kindly taken for me by my son Jonathan on Christmas Eve 2009. 
I do not have a plan of the graveyard and was not there myself so cannot vouch that these are all the stones, or tell you their locations, but I am sure it is a pretty accurate compilation of pictures.  However they were taken by him for me for personal family use and were never intended as a 'graveyard survey'.
If anyone wishes to provide more detailed information on the yard layout or headstones please get in touch - ruthroberts123@gmail.com

The lovely setting of the chapelyard.






































The above is the gravestone of my great grandparents:
William Lawrence (1955-1939) and Mary Phelps (1858-1923)
William lived at Eastlake but was living at Moorfield, Narberth, when he died.
Also recorded on the stone are their three young daughters - Anna, Jane and Martha.
My grandmother was their daughter Mary Jane Lawrence who was born at Amroth Farm in 1894.









Benjamin Lawrence 1873 -1922 would have been my great great uncle.  Buried with him is his wife
Julianna (nee Phelps) 1872-1923.



Gravestone of Thomas Lawrence (previously of Eastlake) - 1820-1905 and his 3rd wife
Anna (nee Lewis) - 1839-1905.











No comments: